13.6.07

Definitely want to run away.

I spent all of last week (the workweek, anyway) away from my children, and more importantly, away from here. It was fabulous. Not only was it fabulous to be somewhere new, it was also fabulous to be treated like a human being by a person of the opposite gender, for hours on end. More surprisingly, I was treated like a human and no advances were made. Honestly, I was waiting to get hit on. I hope this doesn't sound egotistical, but that's what usually happens. That has less to do with me than it does the overwhelming scuminess of the unattached, available population of single men. Even more honestly? This was nearly a disappointment. I am totally against temporary fixes, I don't believe in "friends with benefits" or anything like that, but it's been so long since I had something as simple as a nice long hug from a guy, that it would've been nice. But as long as I'm here, in this place, I'm going to Wish, Hope, and Pray for a guy whose record so far consists of, among other not-so-good things, spitting in my face, pushing me to the ground as I held our child, calling me every unmentionable word in the English language, and general mistrust and disrespect.

Aucun commentaire: