1.9.07

Like, OMG, Becky, her butt is soooo big. (Sat 01 Sep 2007)

Thursday, I went to my local friendly slightly ghetto downtown YMCA. This is nothing unusual; we go there a couple of times per week. I did my typical 20 minutes on the elliptical. At one point I looked up from my book long enough to turn my head and see a little, blonde, fakely-orange tanned girl totally scrutinizing her rear end in the mirror in full view of everyone in the room, including one or maybe two men. Ummmokay. Whatever. Back to Harry Potter.

Next I set out to do my weight training circuit which is on the same floor adjacent to the cardio machines. Again, nothing unusual. In fact, since we had gone later than we normally do in the evening, it was actually less crowded and I was able to go through the first six machines without interruption or having to wait for someone to get off of something. Now, on the seventh machine, an inner thigh deal, The Blonde Butt-Checking Girl was sitting. And had been sitting. In fact, she hadn't used the machine at all in the past five minutes that she'd been sitting on it. She was doing her makeup. And text messaging on her phone.

Now this is all fine and dandy but it was pretty obvious that I was going to want to use that machine. I was utilizing the circuit, doing 1 or 2 sets of 10-20 reps on each machine, in order. And it's annoying to go out of order because they're set up in a way that you won't do two different leg or arm machines consecutively; that is, there'll be a leg machine followed by something for the arms following by another kind of leg thing and then something for your abs or back. Or whatever. Anyway, she was in my way and she was either oblivious or didn't care. So, I skipped around her, grudgingly, screwing up my sequence. I'm next to her, using an upper arm machine, as she continues to waste space (and oxygen) on herself, sitting on the inner thigh machine, not using it or anything. She gets up. I'm excited, thinking she's finally going to move. Nooooo. She just stands there, directly adjacent to the machine, in such a way that she's in the way and she has to know it by now. So what does she do? Calls up her friend. "Heeeey! I was just wondering if you wanted to go with me tomorrow to get our nails done? Or do you work? I need to get my nails done!"

You're freakin' kidding me. Thank god, she left after that.

Saturday September 1, 2007 - 10:12am (PST)

Aucun commentaire: